maandag 7 januari 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates but I've been quite busy with all kinds of festivities. Buuuut I want to wish you all A happy new year! Can I still do this, even though we are already a week into january? I'm just taking the leap by doing so haha. Also I changed my layout a little as I was a bit tired of seeing my own face every time I opened my blog lol. I hope you like it!

In the beginning of 2012 I made a blogpost with a list of goals I wanted to achieve so I though for the sake of the new year I'd bring it back and see how much of it I made true :)

  • Lose some weight.
  • Graduate and make and amazing final collection
  • Get a side job
  • Go to Japan
  • Learn (more) Japanese
  • Become a better Gyaru/ improve my style
  • Make a Gyaru Helpdesk
  • Visit more Partys
So, there is the list of last year and I must say that I've accomplished quite a lot! I've lost over 10 kg so far but want to lost quite some more. Due to a lot of stress and hormone stuff I've gained back a bit of the weight I've lost. But I'm still happy that I've kept at least 10 kilos off!
I graduated and was eventually rather happy with my collection. It's been quite tough and it surely was a lot of work but it all payed off in the end.
I got a side job in the beginning of the year which I later quit due to the fact that I was way too busy with graduating and that certainly had my priority.
I went to Japan with Charlie! This was without a doubt one of the highlights of my year! I'm still thinking back on our adventures every day and I wish I could've stayed longer but unfortunatly all good things come too an end ^^" Due to my busy schedule I wasn't able to study up on my Japanese but while I was there I think I did rather good. Though I'd never really be anywhere without Charlotte at the time as her skills rock xD
In regards to becoming a better gyaru, I'm not sure about that as I don't feel like I'm the one who is supposed to call those shots. I think I've found new make-up styles that suit me, but other than that I feel that I've become lazy with my overall gal style. I've been busy and uninspired, lazy and unmotivated. But I might be able to change that around if I get back into it a little. I think the absence of my no.1 galpal charlie might have something to do with it~
I wasn't able to make the gyaru helpdesk due to lack of time, but instead I did join the online magazine GalVIP of which I am now co-editor :) It's a fun job and the staff is great so I think that in a way I can help new gals through the magazine!
I definetly visited more parties! I've made loads of new friends and we hang out pretty much every weekend so that's a big ball of fun right there, something I could really use in my life, having a few friends nearby instead of scattered across the country. Don't get me wrong, it is not like I value any one of those groups less, but it can be frustrating to not be able to see your friends on an even monthly basis due to school/jobs/ transport you name it :c

2012 has been a really turbulent year for me, and though it had some great highlights, I've also hit quite some lows. I'll spare you all the details as I feel more comfortable not sharing them, but lets say I'm slowly regenerating and I hope that all will get better in 2013! As I said a few lines back going to Japan was one of the highlights of my year, the other highlight is without a doubt that I've found love, which I had never expected to find. Well, not in 2012 atleast ... I've only had a boyfriend once before (age 13 to 15) so this whole relationship thing feels new to me. But they're pretty good feels :) I'm happy to be in love and I hope that it will last for a long time. Who would've thought right? I always though I'd die alone with 72 cats xD

And ofcourse I have some goals for 2013! Here is a small list that is rather self explanatory :)

  • Get back into shape/ lose some more weight. Stay fit and healthy.
  • Get a job
  • Find a new place to live
  • Stay creative by crafting stuff, maybe even for sales later on.
  • Become a better version of myself. 
  • And I'm gonna try to live up to the motto 'Don't worry, be happy' as I worry way too much.
So these are my goals for this year, and at the end of the year I hope that I can make another post like this one with all the goals I've achieved :)

So that's it for my babbling, how about your goals and resolutions? Did you make any? Please let me know 'cause I love to know what's keeping you busy and what not :)

Untill next post sweethearts!

6 opmerkingen:

  1. I think you did a wonderful job with your resolutions in 2012! You look fabulous!! I completely understand falling into a rut with your style. I did the same thing, then kind of gave up for awhile and looked a lot like a bag lady for a couple months! lol!

    I also resolved to lose weight and become healthy again in 2013.

    Good luck, Rox!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much! I hope I can get my gal spirit back for this year haha.

      And I wish you the best of luck :D We can do it!

      Verwijderen
  2. Reacties
    1. Happy new year to you too Sami! :D I hope 2013 will be great for you <3

      Verwijderen
  3. Good job with your resolutions~ You accomplished quite a lot and I think you'll definitely fulfill the new ones you've set :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you! I was actually surprised when looking back on my resolutions that I've accomplished so many xD Lets hope I can do it again this year :D

      Verwijderen