donderdag 24 december 2015

Bday Blogpost!

Hello Everybody!

So today I will do a little write-up about my birthday party! I tend not to want to celebrate my birthday, but when I do I usually go all out because I just love decorating the place and feeding people until they can roll out of the house. And since I turned 25 (yes I'm getting old haha) I decided to throw a birthday party anyway. And since I can't decorate without a proper theme the theme was Candy Wonderland! Yes, 25 years old and Candy was the theme for my party. You're never too old for candy right? And besides from this point on I'll only get closer to 30 ~,~' Of course a lot of preparations had to be done! I bought a lot a lot and I mean a lot of candy. I got some nice candy themed balloons from ebay and of course food!

After making all of the preparations and having done all of the shopping it was time to bake, cook and decorate! I decided to scroll a bit through facebook and get some ideas on what to make for my birthday, as I would be visiting my mom and grandparents in the morning, and have the actual party later on. I decided to bake the following for the morning; White Chocolate Baileys Fudge, a no bake Oreo Cheesecake and some delicious Coconut Macaroons! And for the party I decided to make my first ever jello shots. A batch of rather basic cherry jello shots, and some self invented baileys chocolate pudding shots!

And after that it was time to decorate! I couldn't wait to turn the house into a pink candy paradise! The balloons I had ordered arrived weeks in advance so I was finally able to use them. Which was a bit tricky at first but it worked! And I got to set up all the candy I bought, including the cotton candy maker I got from my boyfriend as a present!

And ofcourse what is a birthday party without an awesome birthday outfit? I decided that for this day I would become the Donut Queen! Which isn't officially a candy I guess but it sure is super sweet! A few weeks bag I found an awesome donut fabric at a market and made a skirt out of it. At that point I didn't have it in mind for my birthday yet but as soon as I figured out the theme for my birthday I of course had to wear it. I made a cute donut necklace to match with it, I even had some donut socks laying around tying the whole look together. And what is a Donut Queen without a crown you may ask? Well I fixed that by making a huuuge bow with lights in it!



As soon as I finished the final preparations, made some quick selfies the first guests already started to come by! And it was probably right at that moment where I got too busy to even think about making pictures or anything so there is not a whole lot of documentation of the night. But the most important thing is I had a lot of fun! There was food, the jello-shots were great, everybody looked amazing especially the gals and guys that dressed up in candy theme! I still have soooo much candy left it is insane. I believe people ate their fair share of candy but still I have enough left to throw another 3 birthday parties haha! I'm sad the night had to come to an end and that people had to go home, but luckily I did finally took out my Instax camera and made some cool shots to keep as memories!


And as if this night wasn't great enough yet, I got soooo many awesome presents! I love how everybody made such a huge effort for this! All the presents were so awesomely wrapped and everything look like it was picked out to be exactly what I love! But the most important thing for me is that all my friends were there, presents or not. Because what is a birthday if you can't share it with the people you love? Thanks everybody!


6 opmerkingen:

  1. It's crazy how imaginative you are with this all!!! So amazing! Everything looks so good, and I would love to help eat all that candyXD

    Happy birthday <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Aww thank you! You can totally come here and eat all of my candy whaha, I have so much left over I dont know if I will ever be able to finish ll of it! ~3~

      Do you gals ever have a theme for your birthday party? ;o It would be fun if you'd make one of them 'twins' and all of your friends would have to find a partner and make a twin coord with them! :'D

      Verwijderen
  2. Woah all the food looks so yummy and the pictures are so great!! <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Aww thanks! The food sure was yummy :3 But as usual on my birthday I completely forget to eat haha

      Verwijderen
  3. Oh my gosh everything looks and sounds so lovely! I wish I could bake; the last time I tried to bake a cake I ended up burning it really badly ^^"

    Glad you had a wonderful birthday! <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks! And really you should try and start baking again :D Maybe begin with some no-bake recipes like the oreo cheesecake I made? Its just mixing up a bunch of ingredients tbh! And it tastes delicious <3

      Thank you darling <3

      Verwijderen